All Carnival Parade entrants should by now have received further information about the day, including health & safety regulations, separate information for drivers and details of when and where to meet. (This was sent to the coordinator for each entry.) If you have not received this or if you have any queries about the day, please email us at email@example.com as soon as possible.
Here are some notes to remind you about some of the essential points.
- The Parade will start promptly at 2.00pm on Sunday 16th July.
- Entries may assemble in Pound Street from 1.00pm. Click here to see the the assembly area in Pound Street on Google Maps.
- The position of entries in the parade is strictly “first come, first served’’.
- This year’s parade route is: Pound Street – Bartholomew Street – Northbrook Street – London Road – finishing in Parkway.
- The route is about 1 mile long and should take about 45 minutes for each entry to complete.
- The judging of entries will take place en route and prizes will be awarded in a number of categories. The judges will be seated outside The Newbury pub in Bartholomew Street.
- Participants are able to collect money in buckets along the route.
- The prize giving will take place in Victoria Park during the Newbury Carnival Fete, at approximately 4.00pm.
On the day:
Don’t forget to listen to radio station The Breeze, Newbury (105.6) for last minute news and an up-to-date weather forecast for Newbury!