Newbury Carnival is much more than the Parade. Our Fete and Funfair in Victoria Park between 12.00pm and 6.00pm will be even bigger and better this year (with over twice as many stalls as there were in 2011) and will include:
- a funfair (Pelhams, which will accessed via the tow-path under the A339)
- extra rides and activities for children of all ages, including Zorb balls, kids go-carts, archery, quad bikes, giant inflatables and a climbing wall
- ‘RhymeTime’ sessions for younger children with West Berkshire Libraries
- a full programme of arena entertainment (see below for details)
- a wide range of food-stalls, including Indian, Filipino/Japanese, Turkish, Californian, Caribbean, Spanish, Malaysian and other world food, burgers, pig roasts, jacket potatoes, bratwurst, salt beef and kebabs
- coffee, tea, milk-shake and other drinks vendors
- trade stands and stalls for many local groups and charities
- a dog show (with prizes) and dog agility course and pet suppliers
- Newbury Skateboard park Skateboard Jam
- at least 16 craft stalls of all sorts, with woodworking demonstrations
and much, much more. And don’t forget that admission is completely free!
Provisional Arena and Stage Programme – please note that these items and times are still to be confirmed. This programme will be updated to show any changes before the day.
12.00pm Official opening by the Mayor, followed by South Finesse (band)
12.40pm Interakt Dance Group
1.00pm Newbury Rock Choir
3.00pm Steps Ahead Dance School/Ruby Slippers: Return to Oz
3.20pm Icknield Way Morris Men
3.40pm Reading Scottish Pipe Band
4.00pm CARNIVAL PARADE PRIZE-GIVING
4.30pm Devizes Male Majorwrecks
5.00pm West Berkshire Sway Dance
5.30pm-6.00pm Military Arcade (band)
Last but not least the Kennet and Avon Trust narrowboat ‘Jubilee’ will be running 4 trips at 11am, 12.30, 3.30pm and 5pm. Tickets are available at the Newbury Tourist Information Centre.